Comfortable sleeping while camping?




Ashley G


I am going on a camping trip in a few weeks. I will be camping in a tent and I need something to take with me that will be nice to sleep on. My boyfriend I have tried sleeping on an air mattress, but that doesn't work very well for us. I have looked at some of the pads in the camping gear, but they don't look very comfortable and I don't want to waste money. Any ideas? It has to be easy and portable!


Answer
Welcome to real camping. You can't sleep in a tent and have the comfort of your bed at home.

Visit www.rei.com for the best advice from the best place. Call and talk to the free outdoor advisers, who will be happy to help you whether or not you are a member. Everything you buy from REI has a lifetime moneyback gaurantee, so what do you have to lose by trying a nice foam pad? When we "car camp" we supplement our pads with a couple of cheap "dog beds" but that is pure indulgence.

Tent camping with air conditioning?




Luo


i love to camp, but hate sleeping in the heat which limits me to camp during the cooler months (not june,july,aug,sept). does anyone camp with a portable air conditioner? If so what brand/model/price? I'm looking for one that is pretty less than 70lbs and is pretty quiet.


Answer
We also camp with an AC. I use a portable AC and I found it on sale for about $350. The window units are the cheaper way to go for sure. I don't use my portable for just camping so that is why I spent the extra $$.

Just FYI: The portable units go inside the tent with you so it does take up space. Just zip the tent door up around the vent hose (mine is about 5 inch in diameter) and there are no gaps. Most of your portables have a holding tank that collects the condensation and when those 'little' tanks are full, the unit will shut off. I had to do a little inventing so the water would drain into a larger container so I didn't have to empty the tank in the middle of the night.

Window units can be tricky if you only have one door to your tent. Each time in & out you have to step over/around the unit and your tent door won't zip very snug to the unit. Bring an extra sheet or something to fill in the gaps or look into the AC Boot mentioned earlier. It looks like it would be great!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment