Need help with this english work please?

best tent camping lake powell on ... motel or a houseboat, Lake Powell offers recreational attractions
best tent camping lake powell image



bodigger


Revise any weak. unemphatic sentences by replacing be verbs or passive verbs with active alternatives and, if necessary, by naming in the subject the person or thing doing the action. Some sentences are emphatic; Do not change them.

1. A strange sound was made in the willow tree by the monkey that had escaped from the zoo
2. Her letter was in acknowledgment of the students participation in the literacy program
3. The bomb bay doors rumbled open, and freezing air whipped through the plane
4. The work of Paul Oakenfold and Sandra Collins was influential in my choice of music for my audition
5. The only responsibility i was given by my parents was putting my little brother to bed when they had to work late.

9-1: Edit the following sentences to correct faulty parallelism.
1. Camp activities include fishing trips, dance lessons, and computers
2. Arriving at Lake Powell in a thunderstorm, the campers found it safer to remain int heir cars than setting up their tents
3. the streets were not only too steep but also were too narrow fro anything other than pedestrian traffic
4. More digital artists in the show are from the South Shore than the North Shore
5. To load her toolbox, Anika the Clown gathered hats of different sizes, put in two tubes of face paint, arranged a bundle of extra long straws, added a bag of colored balloons, and a battery powered hair dryer

10-1: Add any words needed for grammatical or logical completeness in the following sentences
1. Very few black doctors were allowed to serve in the Civil War, and their qualifications had to be higher than white doctors
2. Rachel is interested and committed to working at a school in Ecuador next semester
3. Vassily like mathematics more than his teacher
4. The inspection team saw may historic buildings had been damaged by the earthquake
5. Lila knows seven languages, but she found English harder to learn than any language



Answer
1. The monkey that had escaped from the zoo was making a strange sound in the willow tree.
2. Her letter acknowledged the students participation in the literacy program.
3. (OK as is)
4. The work of Paul Oakenfold and Sandra Collins influenced my choice of music for my audition
5. The only responsibility my parents gave me was putting my little brother to bed when they had to work late.

1. Camp activities include fishing trips, dance lessons, and computer lessons.
2. Arriving at Lake Powell in a thunderstorm, the campers found it safer to remain in their cars than to set up their tents.
3. the streets were not only too steep but also too narrow for anything other than pedestrian traffic
4. More digital artists in the show are from the South Shore than the North.
5. To load her toolbox, Anika the Clown gathered hats of different sizes, put in two tubes of face paint, arranged a bundle of extra long straws, added a bag of colored balloons, and threw in a battery powered hair dryer.

1. Very few black doctors were allowed to serve in the Civil War, and their qualifications had to be higher than those of the white doctors.
2. Rachel is interested in and committed to working at a school in Ecuador next semester.
3. Vassily like mathematics more than he liked his teacher.
4. The inspection team saw that many historic buildings had been damaged by the earthquake.
5. Lila knows seven languages, but she found English harder to learn than any other language.

Taking a trip to Lake Powell, things needed, things to do before hand?




Twistedkey


Hey, I'm going with a few friends, they have a boat, everything is pretty much set up, it will be a couple days out there, camping in tents, but I have a few Qs...

First off, I don't own sunglasses right now, I just lost my job(and getting one soon, but not soon enough), and my parents don't have a dime. Is this absolutely vital that I have sunglasses? Or can I live without them?

Secondly, I only own a pair of leather shoes, and I don't really want to buy a pair of $1 sandals because I'd rather go barefoot, but is there anything real cheap at walmart? And could I go barefoot at LP?

Thirdly, I don't have any sunscreen... And if it's more then $2 I won't be able to buy it, I know I'll look like a crab when I get back, and it'll sting like a ************ but will it kill me to not have it?

Also I would like to know a few things that come to mind if you want to share them.


Anyway, thanks to those who answer.



Answer
Short term, not wearing sunglasses won't make you go blind or give you cataracts though years of going without them could. Being on the water will really make you wish you had a pair. Ask your friends if you can borrow a pair.

Barefoot is better but you may find the ground gets too hot and some restaurants still cling to the myth that there are health laws against bare feet. There aren't any such laws. You may want to go ahead and spend that $1 for a cheap pair of flip-flops that will be more than durable enough to last a week at Powell.

Sunscreen is a good idea if you plan to be outside long enough to burn and you don 't have a decent tan already. Odds are, your friends will have some and it seems pretty much a ritual now for somebody to pull out their sunscreen and offer some to everyone else. You can probably mooch that off your friends without anyone thinking anything of it.

Go have a good time.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment