Motorcycle camping?




MotorKitty


Has anyone been camping and taken their motorcycle -- ie packed up all camping gear on the bike? Me and the hubby are going to the BMW motorcycle rally in a couple weeks and we are camping out.

This is going to be such an adventure. :D
Anyone ever done the motorcycle camping thing, gimmie some tips or feedback.

Thanks!!!
Someone asked do we own the bike the answer is YES. Its a BMW R1150R Rockstr 2004.

we got a U Pack and a 3 person tent from REI and self inflating ThermaRest sleeping pads. And sleeping bags that have a very small stuff size.



Answer
take a folding Sterno stove so you can cook in your tent if it rains (they fit in your back pocket) for coffee tea or stew & the little packages of oatmeal for breakfast (just add water) your ride will be more fun if you can package most of your gear & mail it to a place near your camp site & pick it up when you get there. I've never mailed my stuff thats why I have to ride alone and look like sanford & son on 2 wheels with all the trash bags flaping behind me.
you will need to get 1 of those little 8" around x 6" high coleman cooking sets that comes inside a little t pot & fits in its own zipper bag. take a flash light that will hang inside your tent. take a few trash bags & some bungies for the souveniers you will want to bring home. you are gonna have so much fun & enjoy the freedom so much you wont want to ever come home.

I am trying to go motorcycle camping but I need to know a little about the legality of off the road camping.?




Johann


is it possible just to pull off and pitch a tent and where can you do that?


Answer
I rode a bicycle across the U.S. and I too thought I could just pitch my tent on the side of the road...WRONG. You really have to go OFF the road, usually in a grove of trees, down trails, back yards of abandoned houses and abandoned gas stations, Honor system camp grounds (Contact me and I'll tell you a little trick I used to keep from paying!), and the little parks that every small town in Kansas seems to have; just let the local law-dog know what you're about. In Colorado and Utah there is a LOT of BLM and wildlife management land were you are allowed to camp for FREE.

Of course, I was on a bicycle, not a motor bike. Being silent worked to my advantage, I'm sure.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment