Camping on Oregon Coast?




laurenb


My friends and I want to go camping somewhere that isn't just basically the tent and woods version of the suburbs. No electricity, playground, meeting halls.... Unfortunately we are all in our early 20s and don't have the luxury of taking time off work and staking out a spot on Wed. or Thurs. for a weekend camping trip so we need somewhere that takes reservations. I've done some googling but there really aren't any sites where I can easily find what I'm looking for. If there's anyone out there who camps the OR coast and knows of a less family friendly, more people in there 20s without kids friendly place close to the ocean (surfing is a plus) that takes reservations please let me know. Cost doesn't really matter. Thanks.
We're okay with kids it's just that we're all nannies so time without kids is appreciated. I know there will be children anywhere we go but we did this last year and ended up at a place where the aim was at families. We'd just like to be somewhere with more people our age and I guess we'd just like to rough it a little more. And not feel guilty for drinking wine for breakfast in front of a 7 year old.



Answer
Give this a try:

http://www.trails.com/activity.asp?area=14613&Source=YSSP&oc=6000&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ssp&utm_campaign=yssp_activity&track=1

good places for FREE camping in Oregon?




Steffanie


I'm planning a trip to Oregon this summer and we are not really intersted in spending a ton of money to just pitch a tent and camp out. We'll be driving through and visiting Portland and exploring the coast. So I was hoping maybe some locals could give me the names of some nice places to just camp out where we aren't gonna get fined or chased off. Any help is appreciated we've never been there before so we're kind of blindly adventuring.

Thanks



Answer
Almost all the BLM land in eastern Oregon has free camping. Sometimes BLM campgrounds have pit toilets, but mostly you have to bring a shovel and water to make a patch of BLM land a campsite.

I don't know of any free campsites west of the Cascades, except for bicyclists.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment