Amateur Backpacking alog Big sur or Redwood National Park?




Mystery zo


I have from monday until saturday to take a backpacking trip, and was planning to go somewhere along the california coast...ANy suggestions? I was thinking big sur (been there once car camping) or redwood national park (really would like to try this one). Thing is, I've only been once backpacking in joshua tree for two days...I packed far too much food and my back was too heavy...I'd like to travel lighter this time but I'm very inexperienced...What should I pack...I'd really like to go to san francisco or santa cruz area (I live in orange county now) and I have someone who is going to half moon bay who I can hitch a ride with....can I just hitchhike if I'd like to go somewhere else? My current list of items to bring is: 65 lb pack, two pairs of shoes, several shirts, socks, extra pants, poncho, flashlights, sleeping bag, 1 man tent rei quarter dome, flashlights, matches, and a 3 lb bag of water....is this enough? I'd like to be able to hike for maybe a couple days then rest in a town then hike again for a day or two and rest again....are their hostels or places I can stay? I am open to camping in the wilderness if necessary...PLease any help would be great thank you!


Answer
I would pick Big Sur though you really can't go wrong with either one
don't forget to pack food and toilet paper
don't hitchhike, it's too dangerous, take a bus to get to these places

stay at campgrounds if you can

if you want to go to SF and Santa Cruz, then yes stay at hostels
http://www.hihostels.com/dba/Hostels-San-Francisco-list.php?lang=E&city=US|0059&linkid=988000&linksubid=Sanfran&gclid=CNzk-cfyq70CFZJj7AodbywAOA
http://www.hi-santacruz.org/

hostel in Big Sur
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g240329-d295079-Reviews-New_Camaldoli_Hermitage-Big_Sur_California.html

Yurts...up in the Big Sur area....?




ladywlkn


Have you stayed there and how was your visit?


Answer
They have Tent cabins that I know of. Its quiet and pretty! Take your mosquito repellent!!!! A lot of the Big Sur accomodations have LONG waiting lists. I have camped in places there whare they have benches in the water....so cool.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment