Tent camping near Yellowstone at the end of May. Do you have any suggestions for areas and tips?




Donnie


I will be camping near Yellowstone at the end of May. I have never been. The area between Yellowstone and Tetons seems like a good general location ... but I really don't know anything. Ideally I will be in an area that allows dispersed camping. I welcome all suggestions, tips, and advice.


Answer
Check in at the ranger station give them an itinerary of your plans and get the dispersed camping permit. Some area's even for dispersed camping require a reservation ie wilderness area's. Be bear aware and know your limitations.

Advice for visiting Yellowstone??




Expecting


We are going to Yellowstone for a camping trip, but only have a couple of days to spend there. What things are must-see? I have looked for a detailed map to get to things like Old Faithful but even the park website doesn't really have anything detailed. Also, if you have stayed there, which campground is best? We are tent-camping and would like to have showers and flush toilets nearby.


Answer
I can not fit everything that needs to be said about yellowstone on this post so I suggest you check out this website. It is full of great info and people who will answer any question you have. Have fun, its a great place!

http://www.yellowstone.net/forums/index.php




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment