Has anyone found a good air conditioner for tent camping.?




sm51119


I want to go camping along the Gulf Coast but the humidity is outrageous. So I started my search for an alternative to spending thousands of dollars on a pop-up camper with an air conditioner. I am willing to invest a few hundred bucks in a portable tent air conditioner if it works... Any suggestions ideas???
So far I have found
http://www.kooleraire.com/ and http://www.acboot.com/
to be the best options any others????



Answer
Yes, but it was in a hotel.

Can I use a portable Air conditioning unit in a pop up tent trailer?

Q. Im going camping this summer and its going to be HOT. I have a 6 month old that I will need to keep cool. We have electrical hookup at the site. Is it safe to use a portable air conditioning unit in a pop up tent trailer?


Answer
Yes but there two issues you will need to address. One is you will need to find a place to securely fasten the air conditioner so that it vents to the outside and cannot fall on anyone. The second point is the campsite electrical power. Be sure the air conditioner does not draw more amps than your campsite hookup. That hookup could be 15, 20, 30 or 50 amps. The 15 and 20 amps will have a standard household plug, but the 30 and 50 amp hookups have special plugs. So you also need to be sure the plug on your air conditioner is compatible with your hookup - if not, you can probably buy an adapter. The campground owner should be able to supply you with the electric hookup information.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment