Camping in Utah November 1st?




krazeekarm


I am moving my family across country and to save money I thought we could camp instead of using motels. But some friends have pointed out that it will be cold in the mountains. Is it a relatively good idea to camp in Utah the beginning of November, or not? There are four of us, plus 5 cats. We have a large 10 person tent. Could someone from the area, or experienced in camping give me any advice? Any boy scouts out there?


Answer
If you're talking about Northern Utah, I would say not a good idea. In November it's going to be very cold, especially at night, not to mention there will probably be snow on the ground. Probably a good amount of snow on the ground.

Also, even if there isn't snow, the ground might be too frozen to stake down a tent and you have to consider wind.

All in all, I would say it is going to be more hassle then it is worth. If you're moving in a moving van with extra room, you might could squeeze everyone in the back of that with A LOT of blankets and some hand warmers, but I think a motel would be your best bet.

what to pack for utah?

Q. im going to duck creek in utah for five days for the forth of july. we are camping in tents and friends and family are comming too. i nee to know what to pack... we are leaving saturday :) thank you


Answer
Oh I love camping! Sure, I'll help you out!

Clothes:
-3 T-shirts
-3 Tank Tops (3 of each so you have a little bit more of an option.)
-3 Night shirts (You can reuse these, they'll still be clean.)
-3 Night sweat pants or shorts (Again, reusable.)
-5 sets of bras and underwear
-5 pairs of socks
-flip flops
-sneakers (5 pairs of socks just in case you don't wear your flip flops at all.)
-swimsuit if you're going swimming.
-sunglasses


Bath&Body:
-shampoo and conditioner
-soap/body wash
-razor for shaving if you want
-hair drier
-nail clippers
-body spray
-deodorant
(Optional:)
-make up
-make up remover
-hair straightener/curler

Entertainment:
-iPod
-cell phone
-cell phone charger
-book
-deck of cards
-board games maybe


You might also want to bring some money. I don't know where you're camping, but their may be an optional to buy something. So just incase. If you bring anything expensive be sure to keep it maybe in a special compartment in your suitcase, or bag. I know I hate when I lose things camping!
Hope I helped. Have fun Saturday!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment