Good Campsites in upstate NY (Catskills) ?




life


Hi, a group of friends and I are planning a camping trip very soon.(College Aged kids)

A friend recommended finding a campsite somewhere in upstate New York in the Catskills region. However, our group is kind of new to camping and were not sure exactly where we would stay. We would like a place were we can simply just rough it and stay in a tent somewhere in the woods. Also we'd like to be able to set a campfire and bbq. Does anyone know any good campsites in the region that they know are fun and preferably cheap?


Also what are some things that we should be SURE to bring on a camping trip?



Answer
there are many.....if most of you live or go to college south of albany....NARROWSBURG N.Y is 2.5 hrs 0r less from the ny city. if all of you living north of albany do a 300 mile or less camp search.

Do I NEED to waterproof my new tent?

Q. I would rather not do anything to it, both laziness (on my part) and product longevity (I dont want to impact the tent's durability/integrity/breathability using waterproofing) factor into my decision....


Just bought a brand new tent. Columbia Timber Butte. 15'X10'. I bought it because its large and has "Gobe Dry" - supposed to be 100% waterproof out of the box. I plan on camping 3 times this year, all 3 times will be for 4 nights (pretty much my typical yearly camping regimen). I live in upstate NY. I have owned tents before and never used any waterproofing/seam sealer, but I want this tent to be the last one I ever buy.

Thank You.


Answer
You should not need to waterproof a tent (at least any tent worth buying), especially if it says it is waterproof. Every tent I have ever bought has either had a waterproof and seam-taped rainfly or was a single-wall waterproof-breathable fabric. I guess if you get a really cheap model it may not be waterproof, but that defeats half the purpose of a tent in the first place.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment