Where can I camp in Ontario with a tent trailer and water and hydro for under 30$ that's near a beach?




Ann Onimou


I know that's a tall order but we're trying to find a place to camp. We bought a used tent trailer to fix up and now can't find a place that's under 40$ a night (per family/site - not per person) to stay.

Anyone know of a place in Ontario that would be under 30$ (family of three - mom, dad and 18 month old) that we could camp for a few days?

Thanks!



Answer
KOA campgrounds are usually inexpensive.
Ontario is a BIG province. In what area of Ontario are you wanting to camp?
I live in Northwestern Ontario. Quetico Provincial Park is nice.

camping stories?




Dr. Vittin


anybody have some good camping stories? liek, stories that happened TO YOU.

heres one of mine.

so we were trapshooting, and i was young and wasn't that strong. but i could just barely pull the trap back and click it in place. so we were all having fun trapshooting, none of us were that good, but when we hit one we'd all cheer. and then i went to pull the trap back, my arms were trembling, i felt blood rushing through my stressed arms trying desperately to pull back the trap, and through my sweaty hands the trapped sllipped, and whiplashed into my left arm, sending a chunk of flesh flying into the woods, and i still have the scar, it's a permanent one.

so any good stories from you?



Answer
I will let my son share his first:

First I must say NEVER go camping on the 4th of July, that was our first mistake. This particular campsite was just far enough away from the gulf that you coudn't see it, but close enough that there were plenty of mosquitos. A campsite across from us opened up and we liked it better so we switched sites. Later that night at about midnight a car pulled up shining its brights right into our tents and campsite(the one we had switched to to avoid loud neighbors) playing loud country music. My family has never had good luck with camping, but this was definately the worst.
***********************************************************
It seems my son forgot about the two cases of empty beer bottles on their table the next morning or the fact that we personally asked them several times to be quiet. They did finally quiet down at 4 AM, but we had to be up at 6 AM to have enough time to eat and meet family at the docks.

I never got that bothered by mosquitos, though. I had rougher camping adventures with my dad. He loved to do things like portage for two weeks in Ontario. Once on a trip through the great lakes in our canoe, my dad stopped at an island and said we could camp there a few days. He dug a hole in the ground and cut a fallen tree into a seat with a lid so we were really living well with a "toilet" for once! During that luxury stay, I spotted the most unusal frog. Though I wasn't great with spacial relations at age eight, I was sure that incredible red lake frog was as large as my head! I called for my dad to come and see the wonderful specimen. He came and looked, then gleefully told me to stay put and keep my eye on it so that it didn't get away. I couldn't wait for him to come back with his camera so that we could have a slide to share of this unique creature.

Um, he came back with an ax! Yes, I had to endure eating red lake frog that night. I tried to stick to my convictions of not eating that cute, helpless thing that lost its life only because I had the nerve to mention how cute it was to the next best living example of Jeremiah Johnson. Unfortunately, camp life can make a young girl feel famished at the end of the day, and even the best scruples are tested by such hunger. OH, I thought I would have nightmares for years, but as the years past, I found that enduring specialties like fired porcupine and road-kill hawk (that was my had-not-been-driving-long brother's doing) confused my dreams. It is true what they say: it all tastes like chicken!

OK, I have one more event to tell. My dad wanted to take a trip to show the family a beautiful area near where he had surveyed roads in Idaho in the 1950's. Frankly, when we got to the area, I was trying to picture how bad the place could have been before the gravel roads! He had us all pack our backs for a trip six miles up to a base camp. I was 12 years old and positive he was killing me with the weight of my light sleeping bad and roll. My older sister was 16 and my brother was 17. They marched along, making the horrid walk (at least that was my whining perspective at the time) seem great and rubbing it all in for me. My little sister got to ride in a pack on my father's back. Show off! When we got there, we had great fun until late that night. Even though we were experienced campers, we got rained out. I mean it! Even the matches in the plastic bags somehow got soggy. My father was livid at the thought that he couldn't do a better job, but that was the sort of thing that would have happened to anyone. It was just good that no trees fell on us. While my mom and dad tried to discuss how they would feed the family and dry things out so that things were not too heavy to pack out, my brother marched off saying he would be right back. Two hours later (enough time for us to hang things out to dry), he returned with everything for pancakes, including a cast iron skillet! I was shamed forever. I had no choice but to not whine on the six mile soggy trip back to the woody station wagon. Hmph, and my kids whine about mosquitos and loud neighbors? Try moose bones and NO NEIGHBORS!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment