First time camping trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. What can I expect?







I am road tripping to the Rocky Mountain National Park, and plan on camping there. So far, Moraine Park seems most appealing. I will be going the very first week of August. How should I prepare as far as clothing, sleeping bags/blankets? How cold/rainy is it usually in early August?
Also, since this is my first time, what should I expect as far as road conditions and driving? Will I have to drive up parts of mountains to get to the site?



Answer
Rocky Mountain National Park has many camping sites. The first week in Aug will be warm but the nights cool off. You will need a tent and moderate sleeping bag. It does rain and there are a lot of animals be prepared and have a place to store you food that is not in your tent. The roads will be great and will enjoy going up the trail route (a road to 12000 ft). for more info look at visitingparks.com/RockyMountain.htm (you can get a park map from there also)

What is the best camping place in Colorado?




Aliciasian


So my group wants to go TENT camping somewhere in Colorado and we need some suggestions. We would like a place where it's quiet and doesn't have that much people there and where its really nice and sunny. Thanksss a bunch.

*and what's the cost per night or per tent etc



Answer
I'm huge on the Rocky Mountain National Park. Take a gander:

http://www.nps.gov/romo/planyourvisit/camping.htm

You'll love it!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment