what should i bring to england?




xXLivingLi


Ok im going to england for a couple of days and my mom and I are going shopping so i only need one other pair of clothes! what else will i need. I have the basics in my head but, i want things I could forget


Answer
Hello Dear!
1. Bring along your own washcloth (assuming you normally use one) -- most places I've stayed in UK don't supply them. Put it in a zip-lock bag so you can carry it "wet."
2. Why long-sleeve dress shirts? How about one nice long-sleeve pullover sweater or turtleneck that would go on top of anything to provide both warmth and nicer appearance.
3. Chargers for electronics: Remember (at the least) a high-quality "transformer" type electrical adapter, because UK uses 220V and a much different plug than US. I've had poor luck with adapters personally but perhaps another reader has a tested recommendation. Ditto your electric razor! Probably better off with disposables for that.
4. I assume you have enough memory cards for the camera that you won't have any download issues along the way. I took 800+ digital snaps on my last 3-week tour of UK, took along a freestanding digital storage device so I could dump cards as needed.
5. Also assuming you are sure your cell phone will work in UK -- even if it's theoretically capable, I'd contact cell provider ahead to time to make sure there's nothing extra to be done.
6. I also like to contact my credit card company ahead of time, tell them to expect charges from UK during the time period.
I've never traveled on an organized tour so I'll hold my thoughts on underwear washing ) Above all, have a great time! And wear your sunscreen LOL
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Accept that the UK has unpredictable weather and pack clothes which you wear in layers. That way, you won't get caught out when the temparature suddenly plummets or (occasionally) soars! Waterproofs are vital whenever you visit, of course.

Toiletries & Medical Supplies: You can buy most toiletries easily, at chemists or supermarkets, so there's no need to carry extra supplies.

Photo Equipment: Memory cards are easy to find in electrical/photography shops and larger supermarkets. Buy films from chemists and some newsagents, but they are much cheaper from supermarkets, who also sell discounted packs of 3 or more. Supermarkets are also cheaper for toiletries and basic medicines (e.g. paracetamol, cough medicine etc).

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Make sure your tent is fully waterproof......and that your sleeping bag is a warm one!

Miscellaneous: The major supermarkets ... Tesco, Sainsbury's, Safeway, Asda, Morrisons........have their own websites so you can google for your nearest branches and opening times.

Good Luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment