How soon can you camp with a baby?

best tent for camping with baby on Best Camouflage Camping Tent for Sale | Best Camouflage Tent Stores on ...
best tent for camping with baby image



gimpyshake


I don't mean back country camping, yet. For now I am just talking about "get out of your car and set up a tent" camping. any concerns or ideas I should think about before camping with our baby.


Answer
I camped with my baby when he was an infant. It was easy for me because I nursed all my children, I would think that if you don't nurse your child it would be a problem to keep the milk fresh, unless you just have the powder stuff and add water, but then you can't heat it.

I had an extra small tent that we took for him to stay in when we hung out near the water, so he would not be overexposed to the sun.

Women have babies out in rice fields and go right back to work with them on their back. You can go camping with them at any age.

Make sure you bring all the things you would bring when going out. baby rash meds, baby aspirin, plenty of wipes and diapers, make sure you bring extra bags to dispose of diapers if you are not near a trash can. Definitely get some type of sun screen for babies and a hat is essential. if the baby will allow it, you can even get baby sunglasses.

also, make sure, if you need a bug repellent, it is safe for baby, they tend to put everything in their mouths.

Good luck and have a great time!

Camping with a 3 month old baby in 87 degree weather?




Leah


Is it ok to go tent camping with my daughter who is 3 months old (just turned 3 months) in oklahoma? it will be 86-89 all weekend... obviously i would keep her shaded, cooled off, we have a little pool, ect. But is it just flat out to hot of a temp to have a baby of her age outside? we are supposed to stay 2 nights.


Answer
She should probably be fine if you keep the bugs away and somehow manage to avoid sunburn.. but there is a good chance your little girl will be miserable the entire time. If I were you, I'd either stay home or leave her with grandma for the weekend.

Not to mention the other risks that camping includes.. such as spiders, snakes, bears, mosquito, bees/hornets, and even raccoons... I'd be fine with exposing myself to these risks, since they're unlikely, but I wouldn't do so to my infant.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment