What is a good campsite to got to that is about 3 hours from new york city? Preferrably with cabins?

best tent camping long island on Trampoline enclosure tent - tent enclosures | Best Tent for Sale
best tent camping long island image



Steeplecha


I want to go around the end of july. I have a small child so I don't want to drive for too long. I would also prefer to rent a cabin but tenting it is OK too. What are some beautiful sites with amenities, and areas of interest (ammusement, sites, museums, restaurants etc.) scenery is the most important


Answer
LONG ISLAND, NY
Fire Island National Seashore
Backcountry camping (backpacking) is available on a first-come, first-served basis in the Otis Pike Fire Island High Dune Wilderness area.
http://www.nps.gov/fiis/

Where can I camp in the Northeast on the ocean?




Courtney


I want to camp either on a beach or somewhere that has an ocean view from the tent site. I live in New York, so anywhere on the east coast would be great. Any ideas?
I live in upstate NY and I want to stay at a tent site that has a view of the ocean, or even a site on the beach if thats possible. I'm just going for the weekend and was really hoping to find something in Cape Cod.



Answer
Out on Long Island all the way out by Montauk there are campsites right on the beach in Hither Hills Park. Also look into the Otis Pike Fire Island High Dune WIlderness, Probably one of the most remote shore campsites in NY.

http://www.nps.gov/fiis/planyourvisit/fireislandwilderness.htm




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment