Planning a family camping trip in August 2008. Does anyone know of any good campsites in California?

best tent camping lake shasta on Car & camping trailer, 1933, Glacier National Park]
best tent camping lake shasta image



Veronica A


Looking for some good campsites for our family. Need to know what's good for children to have fun too??


Answer
There's so many places to camp all over California! Yosemite Valley or Touloume Meadows. all along Hwy 49, Lassen National Recreation Area, anywhere 1 hour from Redding, Ca Lake Tahoe, Lake Shasta, Redwoods, National Park along Hwy 1, Death Valley in the Spring, Mono Lake are just a few of the areas I like to camp. My favorite is the Redding area though. I lived up there for 15 years and miss it very much! When I lived up there I could drive 1 hour in any direction and be in some of the most beautiful and desolate areas to camp, and I camp almost every weekend. Try Burney Falls State Park or drive up to Hat Creek. It really depends on what you and your family likes to do when you go camping. I love to just camp period, but if there's fishing then I'm in seventh heaven! I just love the outdoors and spend as much time in the wild I can under the stars or in a tent in inclimate weather.

where is a great place to go (tent) camping in california?




* * *


I am torn between Mt. shasta and Yosemite. I have been to Shasta and love it I know theres a lot of spots for privacy little swimming holes everywhere great small town to go to if camping becomes boring and so on. I have never been to yosemite and I wonder if its the same? I want hiking and swimming in clear calm water and the beautiful environment but not heavily crowded either. Any one who has been to both want to give me some input?


Answer
Forget going to Yosemite this year, it gets booked up for summer reservations 6 months in advance. I Love lake Shasta and nearby Whiskytown and Donner lake. Better yet is Lake Tahoe. but all have crowd issues. Expand your options with the little known places there are so many lakes streams rivers to choose from. Think "hot springs" for a different experience the Sierra is full of them many with nearby lakes and or streams with great fishing, swimming and hiking nearby.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment