Are there any places in San Diego to do at-large tent camping on a beach?

best tent for camping on the beach on Index of /wp-content/uploads/2012/04
best tent for camping on the beach image



AppleCard!


I am going on a road trip this summer and San Diego is one of my destinations. I'd like to spend a night tent camping on or next to the beach, but not at a campground really, especially since reservations are hard to come by last minute. I'm looking for a place where I can just pick any spot on the beach and set up my tent.


Answer
When I was in high school my buddies and I would camp out at Black's Beach so that we can surf really early the next day. Although, we wouldn't set up any tents, build any bon fires, or drink any beers in hopes that we wouldn't get caught. See... We weren't so sure if this was actually legal to be there overnight. But we did it anyway. Also, please be advised that Black's Beach has a reputation for being a nude beach. Not like that's what my buddies and I did! Heck we just wanted to surf! But, it did give us a tad bit of security in hoping the authorities would turn a blind eye to that beach. Seeing that being nude in public is essentially illegal as well! Anyway, you will need to hike some to get to the beach. I would say find street (public) parking up near Torrey Pines Gliderport and look for the trail down to the beach.

OR just get a reservation at the San Onofre State Beach. I recommend a weekday as your best bet. Then you don't have to worry about nudist, if your car is safe overnight, or the police.

Either way...Have fun.

is there any good tent camping places in myrtle beach that are very close if not on the beach?




chrissy307


is there any good tent camping places in myrtle beach that are very close if not on the beach?


Answer
Myrtle Beach State Park.

Check

http://www.campsite190.com

Hit the Where to Camp link.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment