Is there any camping other than campgrounds on the Pacific Coast in Washington?

good tents for camping with dogs on Camping Tent - New and Used - PetPeoplesPlace.com
good tents for camping with dogs image



mhj


We have two old dogs that do not like to play with other dogs or kids, so campgrounds are not a good place for them. We can either car camp or tent camp- just not with close neighbors. We were thinking Olympic Peninsula, but that is negotiable. Any ideas? And thanks for looking!


Answer
You can camp in our National Forests... if you drive down and of the forest roads (the gravel ones) you'll see places along the side where people have camped before.. you'll see fire rings to use.. BUT these places do not have running water or bathroom, so you'll be primitive camping (where you have to bring all your water to drink and cook with).

I would highly suggest buying Don Wright's Guide to Free Campgrounds. It's a book (an east and west addition) that lists campgrounds in forests and other secluded places that are free and $12 and under for one night's stay. I use it as my camping bible.. I don't want to stay where RVs and generators are... I suggest you get a copy.. it will help you plan your trip better.
Good luck & have fun camping!

How do I keep my dogs warm while camping in the mountains?




Pj


He's a boxer mix, about a year and a half old, relatively short haired. She's a lab/border collie mix but only six months old. Her hair is a little longer.

We're going to the white mountains for 3 days and will be tent camping. The low will be around 20 and it shouldn't get above 50 the entire time we're there.

I know my older dog (boxer mix) shivers in the snow (idk if it's snowing yet) so should I get him a sweater? Both of them?

I have an infinite number of blankets for sleeping so I'm not quite worried about that. More worried about how to keep them warm during the day time when we'll be hiking etc.

So yeah long story short just need some advice/tips on keeping my pups warm.



Answer
Exercising during the day should keep him warm. A sweater or coat during down time and the shelter of the tent.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment