Tent camping in Florida?




The Health


Anyone have a recommendation for a campground (for tents) in Florida? I am amazed at the fact that a place for a tent is more expensive than some of the hotel rooms!!!!! Any suggestions? I am not looking for cheap, but for $60 bucks a night for a 15x15 piece of land, come on!


Answer
Supply and demand! for that price it sounds more like a full hook-up rv campsite. Most national forest and state parks campgrounds for a no hook-up tent site even for popular destinations are around 15-30 a night. http://woodalls.com/ lists all the campgrounds there are.

Tent Camping in Florida?




Donald C


I am looking to take my son and girlfriend camping down in florida this March. I would like something on or within walking distance of the beach(atlantic or gulf), and not too far south(already a long drive). Ideally a resort type camp ground would be nice. (The more non camping stuff the more my girlfriend will want to go) I don't have a great deal of money, any suggestions?
How is diney on the wallet though?
Thant should have said disney
and by resort type I ment things like having a hot tub



Answer
don't know about tent camping with hot tubs -- my favorite camp grounds are anstasia state park outside st augustine, bahia honda state park in the keys and camping in flamingo in everglades national park. all of them are beach camping. in the everglades you can pitch your tent right on fla bay and look out over the keys. it is very nice. nobody ever really tent camps there either so you won't have many neighbors.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/

http://www.nps.gov/ever/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment