Summer Camp?




Harold R


So I am going to a summer camp with all my best friends to Vancouver Island in August for 2 weeks. I want to tell them about my being gay. I am 16, my parents know, and i am just waiting to tell them. We have been best friends since age 4, and I hate hiding such a big part of me from them. I think i should wait until after the camp to tell them, so they don't get all creeped out, because if we're in a tent, they might get all freaked out thinking this will be like brokeback mountain (which it wont, because i don't like, like them). How long do you think it will take for the news to sink in after i tell them? Should i wait until the end of august? What do you think they will say when it comes time to register for camp next year? Will they want to share with their gay best friend?
trust me, I have no problem "betraying them" by not telling them until later. eg. Told dad 4 months after mom....



Answer
What I would do is act normal and friendly during the camp and AFTER the camp you tell them.
Why wait?
cuz in the camp, you'll show them what such a nice person you are and a real friend no matter what. So, when you demonstrate, they'll stick by you no matter what cuz you stood by them also.

Road tripping to Vancouver to Denver this summer, best 2 man tent?




Jay


Me and a friend or two are graduating college and want to drive to Vancouver and mostly camp along the way. I want a reliable two man tent, I have always trusted North Face gear but of course it can be a little expensive. I need one that is good in the rain and that can withstand wind. Any ideas? Also any suggestions on where to camp? Our main destination is Vancouver Island, hear its a pretty cool place.


Answer
If you're mainly car camping, I'd recommend something bigger than a strictly 2-man tent. They're pretty cozy, and if you don't have to carry it far (maybe even just have to dump it out of the trunk) the extra space is worth the slight weight gain to have some elbow room, more height to sit up or get dressed, etc. Some good brands include TNF, Sierra Designs, MEC, Mountain Hardwear, Hilleberg...
Experienced BC campers usually set up their tent, no matter how waterproof it is, under a good sized tarp (the blue ones found at any hardware store) to scare the rain gods away. It doesn't actually rain much here in the summer, but a storm or two is never out of the question, particularly on the Island. Have fun!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment