Looking for good camping or Lodging trip on the water near Houston Texas.?







I want to take some friends tubing or rafting in August. I have been tubing on the Comal/ Guadalupe river near New Braunfels when I was much younger with parents to worry about all the expenses and such. Earliest trip was "The Other Place" Lodge with a church group. I remember having fun in the water but nothing specific about the actual lodging. I was too young to know if the pricing was fair or if the rooms were cleaned to acceptable standards. Camped in tents at "The Lazy L & L" campgrounds, but the river's water level and weather pretty much ruined the excitement. So all that said, I am hoping to find another lodge or campground that others have enjoyed. Thank you for your input in advance!

This is a family camping experience BTW, not the real camping (No roughing it in the woods). We are city slickers, but thanks anyways!
Things to help narrow answers:
The entire group, including myself, do not have a lot of money to throw around. I have researched a bit on the campgrounds near New Braunfels already and only a few caught my eye. I have an open mind to different locations! "Inks lake" I believe is another location I have been, if you know where that is or have any information it would be appreciated. Basically, if you took your family and a couple friends on a camping trip and had a great time, please share your story with things to do and things to avoid doing. Thanks again!



Answer
I love camping and the lake. As hot as it has been much of your lake waters are going to be very low at this time. If your looking near beach...go to Surf side and camp on the beach. Otherwise try, Lake Texana in Edna Tx. Just down HWY 59. Very nice, I can't remember if there are cabin or not. There is also Brazos Bend State park. This does have Cabins unless they torn them down. Both of these places ( Brazos & Texana ) I really enjoyed. They are lakes and wooded areas but enjoyable. You will get the sense of Nature.

What happened this past weekend at the Guadalupe River???




varsityblu


I was at the Guadalupe River in New Braunfels this past weekend for Memorial Day and I woke up in my tent on Sunday around 8:00 p.m. and when I walked out I was practically the only person left in the overflow camping field at Mountain Breeze. My friends and I packed everything up and left because a cop came by and told us that there was a mandatory evacuation. We were on the river until 5:00 p.m. that day and it was raining during that time and it didn't seem like the river had gotten that bad! What happened that caused everybody to flip out and leave??? I was also told that the bridges were flooding but I was able to drive over them without a problem!


Answer
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/uv/?site_no=08168500&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060

Shows what happened on the Guadalupe in graph form.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment