interview for camping?




Sam


QQ: what do you prefer Coleman or North Face .
Object: How do people choose the brand, what influence this choice and how does it effects consumption while camping?


I.What do you like about camping?
How often do you go camping?
ii)What is the best time to camp?
iii)What kind of activity you usually do during camping?

iv)Tell me when the last time you went camping?
II.What type of tent brand do you prefer?
i)Is the brand satisfying your need in camping?
ii)Are Certain Features Important to You?
a.Tent shape.
b.Different Size.
c.Waterproof.
d.Easy to set up.



III.Can you tell us about different brand of tents?
i.If North Face were a person, who would it be? If Colman were a person who would it be?
ii.Why this brand?
iii.What Style? What Shape?
iv.Is North Face tent safer in all weather conditions?
v.What else products you like from that brand?
vi.How do you suggest the product to be improved?



Answer
The North Face over Coleman.
I feel a lot of people chose a brand based on a salesman and/or the trend.

I Everything from the hike, to setting up camp, to building a fire (if we are doing that), exploring, relaxing, drinking (if we are doing that), sleeping outside/in tent, outdoor sex, waking up in the woods, etc. Just not a big fan of packing up to go home.
2-4 times a month (sometimes more or less). As often as I can.
ii Anytime is the best time. But I guess either summer by the water or autumn in the north east.
iii Depends. Day hikes, exploring, drinking, relaxing, talking, games, playing with gear etc.

iv Last week.
II Marmot
i Yes
ii Yes.
A - So many shapes to chose from now, but yes, you have to like it.
B - As far as capacity, you go with what you need. As far as dimensions, I'm tall so I need a longer, higher tent.
C - Of course. 1500mm or higher coating is key.
D - Not a big factor to me. I like the challenge of setting up a tent. Most these days don't provide much of one. I use a lot of non free standing tents so location can be a challenge but I can pitch a non free standing tent on a bald mountain. The bigger thing people need to do/learn is to properly set up guy lines for a tent. They all need them for proper stability and ventilation.

lll There are so many in different price ranges and uses. One of my favorite brands of tents is Marmot. I feel they make an excellent, durable product. They put craftsmanship, durability, strength and properly test there products, and do it all before trying to make the lightest tent. Light weight is the big thing with a lot of tent makers. Big Agnes, MSR, Sierra Designs, Tarptent, and a bunch of other brands seem to concentrate more on weight savings than anything else. Al that leads to is a tent with delicate materials, smaller dimensions, less options and short lives of the product.
i A mountain and a green stove
ii Why not? Chose what you like.
iii For a tent? I like tunnel/hoop tents the best. I like A frames as well but that might just be a nostalgia thing from using them a lot growing up. But A frames are great actually, shed snow/rain very well.
iv Safer than what? North Face makes some good products but it really is all about what condition you are in, what your comfortable with, what you can afford, how you are going to use it, etc.
v I really like some of the TNF sleeping bags, especially their cold weather bags.
vi What product? I'll go with any and say that tents should be no shorter than 88". Tall people like me don't fit well into tents under that, without hitting the walls. Sierra Designs has a lot of tents that I like (LT Strike for one) but most are under 84" and I will not use.
Another thing is ventilation. All tent fly's should have some sort of structured vent. I won't buy a tent if it doesn't have proper ventilation. Finally, durability. As I mentioned above this seems to be a feature that is lacking with a lot of brands who are using thinner, lighter, more delicate materials because they are to busy playing the weight game and making to much money off of a product that I feel isn't worth the price. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind spending money on a product that is worth the money, something that has all the good features. And, it should last me a long time without worries.
And another thing, parts should always be available even for discontinued models.

How to choose a right camping tent?




J-aa


We will plan to have a family camping next month, our last camping tent is broken, we have to get a new one. I don't want to have another failer unsuccessful purchase. Four people will sleep in the camping tent and we won't camp in winter. Is there someone can give us some wonderful suggetions? Thank you very much!


Answer
Go with a coleman instatent best family tent there is
http://coleman.com/product/instant-tent-6/2000010194?contextCategory=11020




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment