I'm looking for rustic camping within a few hours of Cincinnati OH. Any ideas?




Mommy Dear


I have a 5 year old who loves camping and hiking. We like primitive tent camping and no amenities are really "required", but we do need a campsite that I can drive to, nothing that requires a long hike just to get there. Last year we had a blast at Hocking Hills, but I'm looking for something different. I've looked at Grand Lake St Mary and contemplated going all the way up to Lake Erie, Kanawha State Forest in WV, Rocky Fork State Park for something closer. Does anyone have any experience with any of these places or know of some place better that I'm missing?


Answer
Try looking west..

Versailles
http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/properties/park_versailles.html

Brookville
http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/properties/res_brookville.html

Clifty Falls
http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/properties/park_cliftyfalls.html

Muscatatuck
http://www.muscatatuckpark.com/


Should be a two-hour drive or less; basic camping sites are cheap; you can be as "primitive" as you like.

Anyone know of a good campsite in or around Ohio?




Dave Jones


I am looking for a campsite in Ohio or one of its neighboring states (Pennsylvania, Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky) that is extremely secluded. I do not want to deal with families or other people. I want the land to myself without being bothered. With this in mind, I am tent camping and do not want to be bothered by RVs either. It would be great if this campsite was close to either a river, lake, or pond because I would also love to go fishing and swimming. I am taking a weekend with a few friends and I have not been able to figure out a camp site to fit our needs. I would be fine with hiking into a camp site, but usually these options are not listed with the majority of websites. I do not need bathrooms, pools, or stores. I want to have the outdoors without any of the crap.

If you do not know of any privately owned campsites I would also love to hear what the rules are to camping in state and national forests. This meaning, can I simply pitch my tent where I please and start camping?

Thanks for your help!



Answer
i would suggest hocking hills, if you want to get away from the things of man, this is the place. located in central Ohio. it is Absolutely stunning!!! caves to explore, hike in camping, canoeing, you name it.
hope this helps.

http://www.thehockinghills.org/camping.htm




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment