East Coasters - camp?




mkt


Several people I know from the East coast...or maybe just the East, call going to a summer home or cabin, "Camp". Which sounds so odd to me & my Western ears. We (western states) would called "going up to the cabin" or a summer home. So my question is .... what do you call it when you camp in a tent? Are they BOTH "camp"?
To Shareef - A summer home or cabin is a place you go to escape the summer heat or vacation in the mountains. I live in a place that is regularly 115 in the summer, to go fishing & hiking in 75 degree weather is a treat for our family - and it's nice to get out of the city.

Ours was in our family for 4 generations when it was sold. Now we rent one when we can get away.



Answer
I wouldn't know. I'm from the East Coast, but we don't have such things as "summer homes." Why would you have a different home in the summer?

Best beach camping on the east coast?




Aidan B


I'm looking for a place for me and my girlfriend to camp on the beach(or near). I've looked into a few state parks in Delaware, Maryland, and virginia. They look okay but seem to be more for rvs and campers. I will be using a tent. Is there anything in the area that is better for tent camping? I live near Philadelphia, pa and would like to keep the drive under 4 hours.

Thanks!
Also, I would like to go south.
Should have been more clear. I don't want to be on the beach, I just want to be close to the beach.



Answer
First Landing State Park in Virginia Beach is right off the beach with (if I recall correctly) mostly tent sites.

http://first-landing-state-park.org/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment