What are some good vacation destinations on the east coast?




Amy W


My boyfriend and I are 19, and we don't have that much money to spend on an expensive vacation. We've already been to Myrtle Beach SC and Pigeon Forge TN way too many times. Anybody have any ideas?


Answer
This isn't my normal recommendation, but for a couple your age, I recommend camping on the Outer Banks.

Pitch a tent on Cape Hatteras and you'll not only have a cheap vacation, but it will be a lifetime memory. It's not as bad as you might think, and laying on the sand looking up at the stars and sleeping to the sound of the waves crashing is crazy romantic and soothing at the same time.

During the day you can visit the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, ride a ferry or two, play some putt-putt or bumper boats. You can also rent a dune buggy and tear up and down the beaches. Visit the horses up in Corolla, and one of the bars in the Nags Head / Kitty Hawk area. Check out the Lost Colony, Elizabethan Gardens and the Wright Brothers memorial.

I know it's not action packed, but if you want quality time with someone you love, it is perfect.

Might it of been a coyote?




Russ K


Last summer we went camping up at Swanson Meadows on the way to Dinkey Creek,we stopped at this campsite it was a bare necessities site. No water No Electricity and a bathroom with no lights.We have 2 small dogs about 9 inches tall.we would walk them and they would pull back at times and kinda yelp a lil when we pulled on the leash,had yelped probably right after it got dark,but any way that night me and my brother were laying down in our tent,mom and other brother was in another tent about 40 feet away,on my side of the tent I was dozing off and I heard something sniffing on my side of the tent ( sounded like sand paper being repeatedly rubbed in one direction) seemed like ot was maybe about 10-15 feet away from the tent,I jumped up and I looked out out the little screen window at the top of the tent with my flashlight i didnt see anything,then about an hr later my brother heard it from his side of the tent,could this of been a coyote by chance?


Answer
not sure where your campsite was but it could have been a coyote - they are definitely making a comeback and range virtually all over USA
or it could have been another critter
we have coyotes in East TN but most night time visitors to my campsites have been raccoons or skunks - no bears
have had coyotes close but have never seen them in camp like we have the raccoons and skunks




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment