what are good sites in central Illinois for tent camping with kids, 5 and 8?




dansmith12


I want to take my niece and nephew, along with my sister and brother in law, tent camping. the kids have done backyard camp outs in a little tent last summer, my sister is not real big on camping and the kids are little. so I need a place with real toilets and showers a playground and possibly a pool or lake for swimming. The problem is so many of the more commercial campgrounds that offer these amenities are geared more towards rv's and aren't particularly tent friendly.I live in Peoria and My sister lives in Bloomington. so that is the region we are looking at


Answer
Hi!
Shawnee national forest

http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/illinois/illinois-camping

In Missouri, if you're ever down here, Lake Wappapello has FREE tent camping :) no showers & such (there ARE showers & running water for paid tent campers however)

try some of your local parks, too, because a lot of them you can camp in!

Indoor camping for kids?




=D


My grandparents, auntie and uncle and 3 younger cousins are coming down to ours for a week this summer. My parents, grandparents and Uncle/Aunt are each having a room, Witch leaves the living room for us. I thought Id take them 'Indoor camping' For a change.

Any ideas on what too do? (besides the obvious tent, sleeping bags ect.) Theyre 9, 6 and 4, Girl/Boy/Girl.

any help would be appreciated. Thanks!



Answer
Let the do the work setting up the camp. Use a old lamp and get a light bulb that looks like a candle. Make your own fire for in the house. Make smores over the stove. Read stories by candle light. tell Ghost stories. play cards in the tent. Use your mind what would have been fun for you when you were that age. Go get some camping popcorn and make that on the stove.

I use to take my son basement camping every weekend when he was young. I let him make up the rules and what we would do for the weekend. I t was some of the most fun we had.

I think you have a great idea for a fun vacation for your cousins and you. The main thing you have to remember is have fun you are camping after all.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment