Taking baby camping?

Q. My husband and I plan to go on vaccation in two weeks. Part of our trip will be camping in Estes Park, CO for 3 days and 2 nights. My question is . . . what do I need to bring and how do I prepare for the baby camping out? We are already going, so not going is not an option.


Answer
My baby is 8 months but was born 3 months early so he only about 5 months size and developmentally.

We go camping every weeken and hae since the last weekend in April. Trystan loves being outside. Babies seem to sleep better when they have had some fresh air.

If you are tent camoing take along a play pen to get him off the ground. You can buy small portable heaters for under 20 dollars that run on electricity or propain. I would suggest getting an electric sight even if your tent camping so you can bring a small lamp. I have found it hard to take care of a baby in the middle of the night when it is pitch dark and have not been able to find a latern that is bright enough.

Make sure you have plenty of formula diapers and if needed baby food. If you formula feed bring bottled water the water at most camp sights need to be filtered. Bring both short outfit as well as long sleeve outfits. Sometimes it can get chilly at night.

They make "bug spray" that come in wipe form. Looks like a baby wipe. This way there is no possible way to accidently spray bug spray in babys eyes. Or Walmart has bug buttons. These are round buttons that you pin to clothes that have cittranella in them. They don't work as well but they don't wear off or come off if baby sweats.

Depending on what age bring small toys to entertain. But mine is happy watching the leaves shake on trees.

Have a great time.

Camping with a baby?




K and D's


My hubby and I are going to go tent camping this weekend with our little girl. Is is 6 and a half months old. We have a small heater for the tent that we are only going to turn on before we go to bed to warm the tent up. The low for the next 3 days is 49 degrees. Do you think that this is alright? I am going to dress her in a onesie, reg. PJ's and a sleepsack. Does anybody have have any tips or recomendations for me.
My hubby and I are campers and we both love it I don't think that it would be painful. But we also love spending time with our little one and we are away from her when we are at work all week so we are looking forward to a nice family weekend.
Granted i am nervous but i am hoping that once we get there and get through one night i can relax. I was just wondering if anybody had gone tent camping with a baby and what their exerperence was.

Thanks!



Answer
I've tent camped with both my kids as small babies. Sounds like you are prepared for the cooler nights...........

TIPS:
Be sure to bring jug of botted water for her bottles (Dont want her drinking well water)
Bring her exersaucer (My kids loved theres)
Bring her play pen (safe clean place for her)
Bring toys
bring more clothes then u would use at home
sun screen
bug spray...just don't put it on her hands

camp close to home........in case it rains or you forgot something.

Have fun..........she will enjoy herself.............and so will you....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment