RV camping Vs. Tent Camping?




Itty


I have to do a compare and contrast paper for my research class. I need different aspects to do my paper on...give me 'sub' topics please!


Answer
I love both. My favorite is back-country "backpack camping" in the "Rocky Mountain National Park- Wild Basin" north of Denver. I love the solitude. But, I'm getting older so "RV camping" is becoming more practical for me. My "Little Guy" brand RV is a nice compromise, because it is a "Teardrop" camper with just a bed and a hatch in back for a galley. The biggest draw back to camping in campgrounds are the crowds during peak seasons. So, whether a person chooses tent camping or RV camping, if you go in the spring or fall you are sure to have wonderful outdoors experience.

Is it possible to camp in the Rocky Mountains?




Kevin


So, I am planning on taking a train from Ottawa On, Canada to The Canadian Rockies next summer for a one month solo camping trip. I was hoping that the only major expense would be the travelling, so I was planning on roughing it in the mountains. I plan on doing a lot of hiking and nature-spotting, but I was wondering, am I allowed to camp anywhere in the Canadian Rockies? I know there are designated camping areas, but I have been told that you dont necessarily have to camp there, that they are mostly meant for people who want different utilities, so, if I dont want/need any of these utilities, would it be legal for me to just hike to any old place in the national park and pitch a tent for the night?
I dont think being mistaken for game would pose a problem as Im certain that hunting isnt allowed in the national park, but yeah, I know about what you mean with Grizzly bears and all that....thats actually a chance im willing to take. Its all about the sense of adventure :)
But yeah, ill definitely check out those links.



Answer
To make the most of your vacation. It's best that you do some research on the areas that you want to go visit. As for your own safety and also the protection of the environment. There are rules, regulations and laws that have to be adhered to. But this will not take away from your experience, but enhance your experience as the terrain is then protected. Join the forum Club Tread here you can meet a lot of seasoned back country hikers with lots of experience in British Columbia and Alberta. The good thing about this form is the hikers tend to post their photographs from their hikes and their summit achievements. The wealth of experience found here is amazing and you truly can find the answers you'd be looking for and for the type of trip you want to do in the mountains.

Back-country Visitors' Guide

You have chosen a very special place to enjoy a backcountry experience. Canada's oldest national park protects large tracts of stunningly beautiful mountain wilderness. As a backcountry traveller, you will be able to visit natural wonders seen by only a small percentage of Banff National Park visitors. A wide range of back-country experiences are available, supported by over 1500 km of trails, 50 backcountry campsites, 2 trail shelters, 4 backcountry lodges, several alpine huts, 2 commercial horse outfitters, and numerous licensed guide services.

Permits

The Wilderness Pass is a mandatory permit for anyone planning an overnight trip into the backcountry of Banff National Park. It specifies the campsites you are using and the number of people and tents in your group.
You will also require a National Park Pass for entering the national parks. A National Park fishing license is required for angling, and a Grazing Permit if you are traveling by horse.
Backcountry visitors have a special responsibility to minimize their impact on the park's rich natural and cultural heritage
This guide will help you plan a safe and enjoyable visit, while keeping the park's natural environment as healthy as possible.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the mountains.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment