Looking for a 4 person car camping tent.?




Jim


I'm looking for a 4 person tent (for 2 people and gear) for car camping. I don't think the $39.95 tents at the box stores are worth anything at all, but I do have a budget of about $100. Anyone have a 4 person tent they recommend? I live in the pacific northwest and it rains here occasionally so it needs to be adequate in that regard. I also think aluminum poles are better than fiberglass, but in my price range I might have to settle for FG poles.


Answer
I encourage you to triple or quadruple your tent budget. When I buy a tent and other sleeping gear, I consider the cost of the motel rooms in which I would stay but for the comfort of my tent. You may save thousands of dollars per year by staying in a comfortable, reliable tent over living out of motels.
In the $300 range, look at Marmot-Den4 (4'10" ceiling) or Big Agnes Big House 4 (5'8" ceiling). For $400, consider Marmot Halo 4 (4'11" ceiling) or Mountain Hardwear-Habitat 5 Tent (6'5" ceiling).

Cheap Camping Tents????




Ryan


I need a cheap tent..... all i can find is 4-5 person tents for $70 and up?? i use to be able to find them for $40 tops.. i need some help finding some cheap ones. ill get a tarp and put it over my truck bed befor spending $70 - $100 on one lol, seriously tho, done it befor will do it again


Answer
Wenzel 7'x7' Pinon Tent $39.99

Campmor-Order online or call 1-800-226-7667
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___36275




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment