How soon can you camp with a baby?




gimpyshake


I don't mean back country camping, yet. For now I am just talking about "get out of your car and set up a tent" camping. any concerns or ideas I should think about before camping with our baby.


Answer
I camped with my baby when he was an infant. It was easy for me because I nursed all my children, I would think that if you don't nurse your child it would be a problem to keep the milk fresh, unless you just have the powder stuff and add water, but then you can't heat it.

I had an extra small tent that we took for him to stay in when we hung out near the water, so he would not be overexposed to the sun.

Women have babies out in rice fields and go right back to work with them on their back. You can go camping with them at any age.

Make sure you bring all the things you would bring when going out. baby rash meds, baby aspirin, plenty of wipes and diapers, make sure you bring extra bags to dispose of diapers if you are not near a trash can. Definitely get some type of sun screen for babies and a hat is essential. if the baby will allow it, you can even get baby sunglasses.

also, make sure, if you need a bug repellent, it is safe for baby, they tend to put everything in their mouths.

Good luck and have a great time!

Taking baby camping?

Q. My husband and I plan to go on vaccation in two weeks. Part of our trip will be camping in Estes Park, CO for 3 days and 2 nights. My question is . . . what do I need to bring and how do I prepare for the baby camping out? We are already going, so not going is not an option.


Answer
My baby is 8 months but was born 3 months early so he only about 5 months size and developmentally.

We go camping every weeken and hae since the last weekend in April. Trystan loves being outside. Babies seem to sleep better when they have had some fresh air.

If you are tent camoing take along a play pen to get him off the ground. You can buy small portable heaters for under 20 dollars that run on electricity or propain. I would suggest getting an electric sight even if your tent camping so you can bring a small lamp. I have found it hard to take care of a baby in the middle of the night when it is pitch dark and have not been able to find a latern that is bright enough.

Make sure you have plenty of formula diapers and if needed baby food. If you formula feed bring bottled water the water at most camp sights need to be filtered. Bring both short outfit as well as long sleeve outfits. Sometimes it can get chilly at night.

They make "bug spray" that come in wipe form. Looks like a baby wipe. This way there is no possible way to accidently spray bug spray in babys eyes. Or Walmart has bug buttons. These are round buttons that you pin to clothes that have cittranella in them. They don't work as well but they don't wear off or come off if baby sweats.

Depending on what age bring small toys to entertain. But mine is happy watching the leaves shake on trees.

Have a great time.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment