Good place to camp with tent in Maine?




gingersnap


I'm looking for a peaceful place, preferably on/near a lake or river. Hiking and wildlife would be a plus. I do not want a place with anything electronic, like wireless internet, swimming pools, showers, cabins, or anything. I want a real, roughin it, wilderness experience. Any suggestions would be much appreciated =] thanks!


Answer
old orchard beach

HELP - Maine Camping Sites?




Lauren


I'm looking to go camping this summer. Somewhere in Southern Maine or New Hampshire. The type of camp site where you bring a tent and stay for a few nights, or even a little cabin to rent.. totally secluded- only I want to have it be somewhere that there are many nature activites to do during the day. For the most part I'd like it to be basically cut off from streets and businesses, etc.
Any ideas?



Answer
Hermit Island is a large campground on the ocean (inlet of a bay actually) in southern Maine that allows tent camping and small pop-ups. It is on its own small island that does not allow anybody but registered campers on it.

http://www.hermitisland.com/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment