Where are the best places to tent camp in Massachusetts?




jlb1016


I'm looking for a nice place to go tent camping with my boyfriend. We don't need a family camp grounds...just something fun for a couple in their mid-twenties.

I'd love to find a place near the Cape or Martha's Vineyard but anywhere nice in Mass would do...

We're looking for a place where we can swim, ride bikes, rent jet ski's or paddle boats, etc. Thanks!



Answer
I you are adventuresome, you can try Nickerson State Park in Brewster.

The adventure part is that as far as I know, they still operate on a first-come, first-served basis (you can't reserve a spot in advance), and people have been known to have to camp in the parking lot for a couple of days before a site became available.

Alternatively, Sweetwater Forrest (also in Brewster) is a family-oriented campground where you can reserve sites in advance.

Both places offer camping, with nearby freshwater ponds. You can swim or ride bikes (there are trails inside Nickerson Park, and the Cape Cod Rail Trail runs by both places). I don't think that power boats of any kind are allowed on the ponds. Its not far from either to one of the many beaches on the Cape - Brewster is on the bay side (the 'quiet' beaches), but its not far to the major ocean beaches.

Can I let my dog sleep in the family tent?




Maciek


We are planning our first family camping trip! We will take our six-month old Corgi with us. The problem is, can I let him sleep in our tent? Or should I buy him a dog tent? But he always sleeps with me since he came to our home.


Answer
Let him sleep.with you if he is a puppy he wont be safe on his own outside in the woods with wildlife and stuff. You don't want to trap him by himself in anything he can't get out of.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment