Where is my best bet for a weekend in the Outer Banks?

best tents for camping with dogs on Tips for Camping with Your Dog : EcoSalon | Conscious Culture and ...
best tents for camping with dogs image



Navyboy82


My wife and I would like to grab a small cabin or tent camp in the Outer Banks. We live in Norfolk, and are planning lots of exciting weekends for the summer. I enjoy fishing and surfing. My wife likes to relax a read with a drink. We have a dog and would like to be able to have a campfire. Where should we go? Most impotantly my wife needs to enjoy it as I am trying to ease her into the joys of camping. Thanks in advance!


Answer
You need to carefully consider the camping idea. If she's a first time camper then OBX is not the place to start. First there's no shade and try putting up a canopy in a 20 mph breeze, not uncommon and not unusual. Second if the breeze is from the sound the skeeters can be overwhelming. So there's a good chance it could be a bad first time camping experience. Instead, why not get a motel in Nags Head. The Colonial Inn is a good one www.colonialinnmotel.com, phone 252 441-7308. I've stayed there myself. They allow dogs in certain rooms and I don't think there's an extra charge. The owner has a golden retriever 'Chief' who stays in the office and greets guests. It's right next door to the Nags Head pier for fishing, dining and beer and wine in the evening. They may have a full bar. On a good day you can surf right out in front since the presence of the pier helps improve the wave action. The place has great rates. As good as they get on the OBX. The only thing you won't be able to do is the campfire deal.

what GOOD foods can I make before camping?




happymom84


I can't do the hot dogs and hamburgers anymore. We are going on a 4 day tent camping trip next week. I am looking for food to prepare before we go. Like pasta salads to just eat . I also want to make the food ahead of time that I can cook while there. ideas? Just no hot dogs or hamburgers please. Thank you.


Answer
for camping trips I used to collect stuff to take that would be easy to prepare.

I made bisquick type blend for biscuits, pancakes, etc that just need water added.
Steaks and bacon or sausage for meats
fresh fruits and veggies travel best.
I even took one Cheesecake birthday cake one year!!

My kids were in elementary school the last long campout we had. So there were lots of hotdogs which I don't particularly like. No ground beef stuff as it is more mess than I wanted to do.

Prepare your pasta and put in ziplock bags in the chill box along with dressings for your salad. Don't put the dressing on the pasta until ready to eat. The pasta has a nasty habit of absorbing it.
Chop fruits and veggies and ziplock them
Soup can be prepared and ziplocked so it only has to be heated.
hardboil a dozen or so eggs and peel, zip lock them

fresh eggs can be cracked into ziplock bags also, then just pour each out separately into skillet for breakfast.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment