Where can I go camping in New York or other nearby states?

best tent camping new york on / New York City NW KOA Tent Sites | Cuddebackville Tent Camping ...
best tent camping new york image



sik892


I want to go camping this weekend but I don't know where to go. This is what I am looking for. Somewhere in upstate New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey or anywhere else not to far from NYC. I want to go tent camping and I am looking for something secluded, meaning I don't want to be at a campground with other people and RVs, I want just a random place in the woods where it will be just me and my friends. And it would be nice if they have a river or lake nearby.


Answer
In PA you can camp in the state forest land with no one camping near you. You will need a permit (free) and they will either mail it or fax it to you. Check out the website www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/camping

This site has maps and shows you trails and things to do while camping. It will also tell you how to obtain a camping permit.

Have fun!!

Where is the best place for camping at Lake George?




E


I want to go tent camping at Lake George
and I want a woodsy site. Which is the best campground
that would have such a site?
THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS!



Answer
New York State has a lovely affordable campground at Moreau Lake, its about 15 mins from Lake George (Moreau is just off exit 17 on the NYS Thruway)(Lake George is exit 20).The sites are sandy, drive in sites and there is a beach and hiking as well. Check out the web site, I go every year and enjoy it. Its also near Saratoga Race Track! Have fun.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment