In Ontario parks camping, is it ok if I put two tents/shelters where only one is allowed?

best tent camping ontario on Camping in Ontario: Flower Pot Island - Part 2
best tent camping ontario image



Annika C


I'm planning to book sites via the online reservation system, all of the ones I liked said only one tent is allowed, but I'm going with another family so we have two tents. The lots are pretty big I don't know why they said only one is allowed, I'm pretty it fits two or more tents. My question is: is this like a mandatory 'law' that we have to follow or is it more like a suggestion? Thanks!!


Answer
I really don't think they would have mentioned it if they didn't mean it.

Depending on the style of campground, campsites may be literally one touching another, so if you get three campsites in a row that have chosen to have an extra tent on each, then it can be so crowded it feels more like a refugee camp than a park. I suggest that you call the campground to see if you can reserve two sites right next to or across from each other, so that you can basically treat it as a single site with different members of your party walking back and forth, but the tents being divided between them. That way, you will be assured of having plenty of room.

Where should i go camping to see waterfalls and hike mountain trails in northeast US?




Deidra B


I want to plan a camping trip this September and want to be near a mountain range and see a waterfall. I'm not rving or going in a trailer. Just tents with my bf and I. Some websites say a campground is open and other sites say the same ground is closed indefinitely, so I'm quite frustrated now. Can you give me some places to camp near a mountain range and a waterfall?? Preferably near pa or ny. Thanks in advance!


Answer
Adirondack Mountains.

You might also like Algonquin National Park a little further north in Ontario (no mountains, but beautiful and there are a few small waterfalls).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment