How do I keep kids entertained while babysitting?

best 3-person tents for camping on Best Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 3 Person Tent - Free Footprint wholesale
best 3-person tents for camping image
Q. I'm volunteering @ a camp, & when camp is over, I baby sit until the parents get off from work. The kids find TV & internet boring after awhile, & sometimes, they want to go somewhere, like the park or something but we can't because of too many kids to fit in the car. How do I keep them entertained?

& every 2 hours, they're hungry. I feed them meals & give them snacks, & 2 hours later, they're whining about hunger.

I understand they get bored by doing the same thing all the time, but how can I make some variety? They don't even like to read. The ages range from 3-17, & sadly the kids 10 & under have better behavior than the kids over 10. & the teenagers are setting a bad example for them.

They get so bored that they become angry & then take their anger out on each other & start fighting, & I have to punish them. I try to do things with them, & they whine, saying "We don't like that. That's lame."


Answer
When I used to babysit, I used to have this giant boot box that I would carry fun stuff to do it, such as: tons of stickers, crayons, books, construction paper, origami supplies (for the older kids), coloring books, some of my favorite movies from childhood, etc. One activity that I used to do with kids of all ages was to make tshirts. I'd buy a pack of plain white shirts, a variety of colors in paint for fabric (now there are even fabric markers), and some throw away stencils. All in all, it'd cost me about 20 bucks. I'd break down some old cardboard boxes and stretch the shirts over the top (to give a flat work area) and let the kids go to town on them. Clean up is a snap if you spread an old sheet on the ground and do it outside in the backyard. It was always fun. When babysitting at night, I used to bring my dad's old 3 person camping tent and set it up in the living room all of us would pretend we were camping. We'd make a construction paper campfire, eat raw marshmallows and popcorn, and tell stories.
Just be creative and excited about the activities that you are doing and the kids and you will have a great time.

What is the best 4 season 2-3 person Tent, that's not too expensive!?




megiddo


I have been looking at tents lately.I am not too experienced with camping and would like an opinion on tents from someone that is experienced. I have been contemplating getting the Eureka Alpenlite 2xt. Any suggestions?


Answer
I guess its ok if your aren't worried about weight...a 7lb tent makes me cringe and Eureaka! makes decent stuff. The poles are probably aluminum and the fly goes down to the ground...those are the two main points you want in a 4 season tent. That is what makes a tent 4 season. Fiberglass poles become brittle in extreme cold weather and can split or fracture while setup on the tent in cold conditions. The fly goes down to the ground protecting the entire tent. You also want to look for a bathtub floor, ideally. This means there are no seams in the middle of the floor.

I own a Sierra Design Clip Flashlight, its a lot lighter than that tent but its also not as big, but it does include a vestibule and it is not freestanding, meaning you have to stake it out for it to stand. However, I have not used a tent in about 5 years.

I own a Hennessy Hammock. It has a large fly and mosquito netting. You also can not tip over in it due to the lie that runs across the top of it. To get in there is a split in one end of the hammock that is held closed by velcro. You body weight actually seals you in it and to get out you have to pry the velcro apart or kick your foot through it. I use it rain, shine, or snow. I haven't had a problem yet. It super light...just over 2lbs...and thats no the lightest model. And setting it up take just a minute, literally. If you are in the woods it wont be hard to fidn 2 trees. With a tent you have to avoid rocks, roots, sticks, brush and find level ground. Not a prob with this hammock...check it out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment