Where can I camp in the Northeast on the ocean?

best tent camping east coast on ... Food Protection Cover Tent Grilling Patio Picnic BBQ Camping | eBay
best tent camping east coast image



Courtney


I want to camp either on a beach or somewhere that has an ocean view from the tent site. I live in New York, so anywhere on the east coast would be great. Any ideas?
I live in upstate NY and I want to stay at a tent site that has a view of the ocean, or even a site on the beach if thats possible. I'm just going for the weekend and was really hoping to find something in Cape Cod.



Answer
Out on Long Island all the way out by Montauk there are campsites right on the beach in Hither Hills Park. Also look into the Otis Pike Fire Island High Dune WIlderness, Probably one of the most remote shore campsites in NY.

http://www.nps.gov/fiis/planyourvisit/fireislandwilderness.htm

Is there any camping other than campgrounds on the Pacific Coast in Washington?




mhj


We have two old dogs that do not like to play with other dogs or kids, so campgrounds are not a good place for them. We can either car camp or tent camp- just not with close neighbors. We were thinking Olympic Peninsula, but that is negotiable. Any ideas? And thanks for looking!


Answer
You can camp in our National Forests... if you drive down and of the forest roads (the gravel ones) you'll see places along the side where people have camped before.. you'll see fire rings to use.. BUT these places do not have running water or bathroom, so you'll be primitive camping (where you have to bring all your water to drink and cook with).

I would highly suggest buying Don Wright's Guide to Free Campgrounds. It's a book (an east and west addition) that lists campgrounds in forests and other secluded places that are free and $12 and under for one night's stay. I use it as my camping bible.. I don't want to stay where RVs and generators are... I suggest you get a copy.. it will help you plan your trip better.
Good luck & have fun camping!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment