Where's the best tent camping at Big Sur, California?

best tent camping big sur on Kirk Creek Campground Robert Joyce Like
best tent camping big sur image



David


Looking to go camping for the weekend at Big Sur. Know any good spots? We'd like to pitch a tent and make a campfire in a beautiful spot.


Answer
There is Andrew Molera walk-in campground a mile or so before the State Park {traveling south} campground and several other private campgrounds in the area. The best place in Big Sur {my preference} is Sykes Hot Springs, requires a 12 mile hike up the Big Sur canyon.

Can you recommend any good northern California beaches?




Liz


My husband and I want to go to a beach but we don't want to go to a crowded beach. Somewhere more private that we can put a tent and camp.


Answer
I absolutely love Big Sur Pfeiffer Falls camping I actually came back about a month ago to try my new Big Agnes 4 person family tent and the kids had a blast. The weather is wonderful, the location is somewhat secluded and not to mention the waterfall!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment