long term tenting in hawaii....any tips?

tents for camping costco on of compact camping tent tent are definitely different trailers that
tents for camping costco image



Thunder B


me and my boyfriend will be tenting on the west side on the big island, and know very little about camping. there is a bathroom facility nearby, along with showers and a possible kitchen. any tent suggestions?
no, it is not illegal. we will be living on a friend's property. it is legal and has to do with our new job. i was just curious if anyone has any suggestions on what life on the big island might be like, and thus help us get an idea on tents...



Answer
Maybe there is a forum on YA devoted to camping. If so, they could give you better advice re tents. I do know that tents are much easier to set up than they used to be & are less expensive. You can usually find them at places like Costco in the spring & summer.

Instant up tent comfortable?







Has anyone used the Coleman "Instant Up Tent " ?
It is a new product in their lineup.
Six months ago a small vendor was displaying a fairly durable and expensive line of tents at Costco that look similar in design to the new Coleman Instant Up Tent. I have been trying to find them on the internet, but to no avail.
The Coleman product is cheaper but clearly is not made of the same materials.
My camping tents have been the 3 season quictent 2 man 1 room tent. I gave it to my son and now I wish I had it back.
My last boating/tent trip we got caught in fowl weather the last 2 days. I set up my Quick Shade canopy over my tent and we stayed dry but it took two structures to do that.
Hoping for experiences with an instant up tent.
http://www.quictents.com/peaktop/2-3man-pop-up-camping-tent.html



Answer
My friend is using peaktop family tent, a valuable tent,easy to set up and portable.
We used an "instant up" tent for a few years and enjoyed it. The rain fly was not great but we live in the desert so didn't much care. I could never get the hang of twisting it "just so" to get it back into its bag but my wife as adept at it. The biggest gripe I had was that when it was stowed it was still bigger than I liked; not convenient for stowing in a car's trunk but ok for a pickup bed. When our last one got worn we just bought a regular rectangular tent.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment