I'm considering moving to Phoenix, & am very into outdoor activities, especially camping. How's the camping?

best tent camping arizona on The Best In Tent Camping: Florida Book Image
best tent camping arizona image



California


I enjoy both tent camping & pop-up trailer camping. Any infor would be appreciated. Thanks.


Answer
Yes, there are lots of opportunities for outdoor recreation in Arizona. Unfortunately, the Grand Canyon State's wild character is being compromised by runaway growth. Too many acres of desert are being bulldozed to make room for cookie-cutter McMansion subdivisions, and there is not enough water to sustain the people that are already here. People from more affluent parts of the country (like California) are trying to price me out. I've lived in Arizona my entire life, and I think that it's great so many people love it here, but something really needs to be done limit the growth. People are loving Arizona to death.
Flame Away!

What is a nice, clean, safe, affordable, campground for tent camping w/i 50 miles of Phoenix?




jas114


I'd like to be on a lake, have nice scenery, and be safe. I also don't want to spend more than $20/night for a tent pad.


Answer
Lake Pleasant is the closest:
http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/lake_pleasant/
Lake Sagauro is 40 miles from Phoenix but campground is accessible only by boat though it's free.
http://www.go-arizona.com/Saguaro-Lake
Canyon Lake is 45 miles from Phoenix and is probably the most scenic:
http://www.go-arizona.com/Canyon-Lake




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment