What do you do on a solo camping trip?

best tents for camping with dogs on ... - Best Tents Supplier,Camping tents,Sleeping Bags,Hiking Backpacks
best tents for camping with dogs image



Simba


I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but I'll ask again. I like to go camping, but my friends don't so I usually go alone. But it's sort of boring going alone. But I still like being outdoors and away from the fast moving noisy city. On my past camping trips I've done a little hiking. I've looked up some camping recipes (before leaving home) and tried them out. Or sometimes I'll just read by the campfire.

I think I would enjoy it more if I understood my surroundings better. I would like to get into bird watching, or learning to identify flora I see. I think I would enjoy taking up outdoors photography. But I'm not sure where to start with any of this stuff. I'm still a relative novice at camping and don't know much of anything about birds, trees or plants.

So what type of things do you do while solo camping? Or how should I get started with some of my interests.

If it makes a difference, I usually just camp at a regular campsite at a park (I don't want to go too remote until I have more experience.) But I tent camp, and don't have electricity.



Answer
Try one thing at a time...learning flora...then fauna...then identifying birds. Here are some things my friends and I do when camping:
Hiking (like you do already)
Fishing (probably need a license)
Taking pics of sunrises & sunsets & local wildlife.
Set up a hammock, and listen to the wind and birds.
Practice making fire 'the old fashioned way' without starters, matches, etc....just for the heck of it, never know if it will come in handy some time in the future.
Learn about survival tactics in the wild (should you get lost, hurt or stranded some day).
Explore other campgrounds & parks
Get a good dog and take him camping with you. Walks and camping are great with medium sized dogs... like a Jack Russell, Rat Terrier, Miniature Pincher, Cocker Spaniel, Australian Shephard...etc.
Play fetch or frisbee with the dog. Share hot dogs with him :)
Take binoculars and watch wildlife & birds.
Make friends with other campers your age....might become something you make plans for to meet up and do in the future.
Just enjoy the peace and quiet.
Learn to write or draw, using nature as your inspiration...do it in a journal.
Take pics to put in a journal or scrapbook to add to your writing.
Use your imagination...the possibilities are endless....

What should I do with my dog when I go to a restaurant?




:)


I am going camping with my dog soon and we normally go to a restaurant. Unfortunately, there are NO dog friendly restaurants where I'm going. We are staying in a tent at a campground, so I couldn't leave my dog in the tent. What should I do with her? I can't leave her in the car because it will be hot (like 80 degrees).

Any ideas?



Answer
i guess you'll be eating hot dogs and snores around the campfire.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment