What are the best camping safely tips?

best tent camping food on Food Tent on Camping Tent
best tent camping food image



camproses


My children and I have been tent camping regularly in National Forest areas and I would like to continue, but the recent bear attack on the poor boy in Utah has me thinking twice. I do not own a gun and so far have just followed the no food in camp rule as a precaution. What can I do to protect myself and my children other than not going?


Answer
I would get information on bear safety and stay away from areas that have seen many bears in the area. Here are some links to teach you about bear safety
http://wildlife.utah.gov/bear/bear_safety.php
http://usparks.about.com/cs/natlparkbasics/a/beartips.htm
http://www.mountainnature.com/wildlife/Bears/

what GOOD foods can I make before camping?




happymom84


I can't do the hot dogs and hamburgers anymore. We are going on a 4 day tent camping trip next week. I am looking for food to prepare before we go. Like pasta salads to just eat . I also want to make the food ahead of time that I can cook while there. ideas? Just no hot dogs or hamburgers please. Thank you.


Answer
for camping trips I used to collect stuff to take that would be easy to prepare.

I made bisquick type blend for biscuits, pancakes, etc that just need water added.
Steaks and bacon or sausage for meats
fresh fruits and veggies travel best.
I even took one Cheesecake birthday cake one year!!

My kids were in elementary school the last long campout we had. So there were lots of hotdogs which I don't particularly like. No ground beef stuff as it is more mess than I wanted to do.

Prepare your pasta and put in ziplock bags in the chill box along with dressings for your salad. Don't put the dressing on the pasta until ready to eat. The pasta has a nasty habit of absorbing it.
Chop fruits and veggies and ziplock them
Soup can be prepared and ziplocked so it only has to be heated.
hardboil a dozen or so eggs and peel, zip lock them

fresh eggs can be cracked into ziplock bags also, then just pour each out separately into skillet for breakfast.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment