How can I convince my mum to let me go on my school trip to Italy?

best tents for camping 2011 on camping tents campist
best tents for camping 2011 image



Vasilissa


So it's to Italy for two weeks and costs around $5000, which includes airfares, travel on buses, accommodation, activities and most of the food. I really want to go because my best friend is going and I will be all alone at school because all my other friends are either in the grade lower than me, higher than me or is going to a different school. Also I will probably NEVER get another chance to go to Italy (or any other country for that matter) and I think it will be a great experience. But my mum says things like " it's too expensive and then you have to pay for a passport ( I'll need one eventually anyway) the rest of the food, spending money and injections( even though you don't need any. I looked it up). And that I should learn more Italian first. But my friends who went in 2011 said that they learned lots of Italian there because they couldn't figure out how to change the language on the TVs, and when they watched Pokemon ( yes me and my friends are all fans) it sunk in. The other reason is that it is unfair, because my younger sister is going on an interstate girl guide camp tomorrow which cost just under half of my camp, is only for a week, they sleep in tents and unlike my camp, it is most defiantly NOT part of the curriculum.
Like I said before if I don't go I will be alone at school, because my school is only year 7 to year 10 and then you have to go the the senior campus. So two of my friends will be there, two are in the year below me, one left the school, which only leaves one person in my grade, who will be in Italy.
I've been looking forward to Italy since year 7 ( I am going in to year ten) and to overseas school camp since I know they existed!

So if anyone has any ideas, strategies, ANYTHING to help me convince my mum to let me go, PLEASE, PLEASE help.



Answer
It could be one of two things. You really don't have the money or know how to plan a trip like this. Or your moms just worried about your safety. If it's the first one you're screwed. If it's the second it kinda sucks but you gotta make her feel guilty. I'm sure you can think of plenty of ways to do that Vasilissa.

Has anyone ever bought a camping tent from Hilleberg?




Zuri


And if so, are they worth the price? I am looking for a tent to take along the Appalachian Trail summer of 2011.


Answer
they look good to me. sure are expensive, though. as long as the thing can keep the rain out, really.

all the best on your AT hike. you doing a section or thru-hiking? it's a great trip.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment