Can you see someone changing through a white camping tent?

best tent for car camping on Car Tent,Trailer Tent,Roof Top Tent For Camping - Buy Car Tent,Trailer ...
best tent for car camping image



Holly


I'm tent shopping for summer car camping, and the tent I am interested in has white sides and no extra rain fly. My concern is privacy when changing clothes in the tent during the day at the group campsite.
Any experience or knowledge would be appreciated.



Answer
The thin modern nylon tents during the day no problems, the day light keeps the trolls away. At night with light inside the tent they could make out a profile but not see any details. A heavy canvas style tent blocks out all light day or night.

What is the difference between "tent only" and "standard" camping sites?




Mysteryous


I am a single mother of 2 and would like to take my kids "car camping" for a few days. I have never gone on my own before and I have never been responsible for booking campsites for group trips I've gone on in the past.

In trying to make camp site reservations, I noticed on the park map on Reserve America for the park I want to go to that there are "tent only" and "standard" campsites side by side sometimes. The "tent only" sites seem to still be close to the road so it doesn't look like a hike-in type of detail and it says there is a driveway.

If someone could clarify the difference, so I understand the kind of site I should reserve, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!



Answer
Tent only is usually just a very short walk or right next to a parking area to small for rvs. Sometimes that short walk can be quite a ways more than a 100 yards or so. These sites are low cost or free as some are also considered a "hike in" meaning that it could be more than a mile to the site. They often don't need reservations either.

Standard sites are generally car camping sites where you park your car or RV right next to or on the site. Sometimes these may also have electric, water and sewer hook ups for RVs, when they do expect to pay even more. These are also the most popular and will often require reservations and get booked early by as much as six months in advance.

If you are a newcomer to camping and don't have an RV, I would recommend a standard site or one with the upgraded features to have direct access to water and power. This gives you the ability to have it all right where you are and not make that long run to the car for things you store in it. As well as bringing all the possible comforts of home.

Be sure to use a checklist for what to bring so you don't forget anything. Here is a good one,
http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/family-camping-checklist.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment