Secluded tent camping in southwest ohio.?




Gabrielle


I live in the Dayton area and want to go camping memorial day weekend. I want something near water such as a lake/pond/river and maybe in a wooded area. I don't want to be able to see my neighbors. I was looking online around the Hocking Hills area but can't seem to find anything secluded. Any suggestions???


Answer
Unfortunately Ohio state forests do not allow dispersed camping where you pick your own spot so you will have to stick to the campgrounds or hike into a wild-lands area and camp at a trail campsite. To find a trail campsite use a trail finder here are a couple of good ones,
http://www.localhikes.com/
http://www.backpacker.com/

Where is a good place to go tent camping in Ohio?




Elizabeth


I would prefer the eastern side of the state.


Answer
When I go camping I like Like to go to salf fork. There lodeges lake house and places to camp. Plus they have bathroom and shower units. I live in green ohio, and its about an hour drive




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment