Pitching a tent in Los Angeles?




Topher


I'm a college student living in LA. This summer I'll have about a week where my lease on one apartment ends and I'm not able to move into my new apartment yet. I was wondering if there were any places in LA where I could pitch a tent for a few days? I need to be able to get to my job in Burbank, so it can't be too far from there, but I'm looking for anywhere that I would able to (public park, cheap campground, etc.). Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.


Answer
The only place you would be able to do it legally is at a campground. Any other place would bring about immediate police response, or would be prohibitively dangerous. Like down by the LA River with all the other drugged out transients who can't wait to jack your stuff.

Nearest campground, unfortunately, is out in Malibu at Leo Carillo State Park.

According to the Village People, it's fun to stay at the YMCA. Try calling the Glendale one.
--
Sierra Springs Village is an RV park next to the RR tracks. They don't allow tent camping.
All the other listings below don't apply. For example, they are offices for places with campgrounds in the mountains or along the coast.

Try couchsurfing.com.

I need a cool spot to camp near los angeles?




Phil


I'm going with my wife and two young children. I am willing to drive a few hours or so, if it's a good spot. It would be nice to be near water because I know it's going to be hot. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thanks.


Answer
Here are a few areas. I do believe you can pitch a tent at these areas as well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment