Looking for tent camping in southern,ca mountains?




Stephanie


I want to camp IN A TENT.. for 2 people (husband and I) within the next few weeks. I want to find a place in the mountains with a lake. Any ideas? Im from GA and just moved to san diego so Im not real familiar with the area.
thanks



Answer
Lake Cuyamaca is the perfect place for you to go from San Diego, its only about an hour drive from downtown, much closer than Big Bear or Silverwood. (Although Big Bear is super-nice).

Lake Cuyamaca is in the Cuyamaca mountains, near forest, and the lake is full of trout, bass, and other fish including sturgeon.

The campground is pretty, and there is a lot of other tent campers there. There is a little store/bait shop nearby. There is also a rustic, romantic restaurant on the other side of the lake from the campground.

There are no bears so you can store you food wherever you like.

The website is: www.lakecuyamaca.org, check it out.

Where is a nice secluded area to tent camp in southern GA?




bob8763763


Say there was a line drawn east to west across the state through Macon...any where south of that line. Thanks!!
I am planning the trip in october for a Friday-Sunday and I am driving from Saint Augustine, FL so I don't want to go to North as I will need to drive back sunday night for work on Monday



Answer
This time of year, almost any state park should do. The okefenokee campground is open, but most likely buggy. General Coffee park has 50 sites, but is really in the middle of nowhere. Try that. I prefer the mountains, myself...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment