Best 3-4 person tent?




Mike


I'm looking for some good brand tents that can hold around 3-4 people (figure it would be best to go with a tent one person size bigger in size than what I will use) that wont break the bank. Preferably not much more than a little over $200. If it has a little more head room height that's a plus since I'm 6'4, id also like something that can handle rain and is on the lighter side if possible as well. Id like to stay away from cheap crap like Coleman. I'd like something that could be used moderately and last for years to come. I heard Eureka! makes decent tents and was thinking on this one ( I would already be sold if it had better head room) as a choice but wanted to see if any veteran campers could give me some advice. Thanks

http://store.eurekatent.com/products/634464/Taron_3



Answer
Eureka is a good brand, they've been making tents since the late 1800's. There are other tents that are lighter if you are planning to backpack with it, at a much higher cost. For lightweight, durable and reasonably priced, Eureka has always been my choice.

A few years ago I was guiding a group of Forest Service Personnel into a canyon deep in a wilderness area. A severe spring storm began in the evening with heavy rain and hail. About 2 a.m. I woke up to the sound of something bumping against the side of my tent. Unzipped the door and discovered the creek had risen and water was all around my tent a few inches deep. It was the sound of driftwood chips bumping against the side of the tent that caused me to wake. The inside of my tent was completely dry. The bathtub floor did it's job and I was able to pack all my stuff and move to higher ground where I sat on a rock under my rain fly reading until sunrise.

The other 4 members of the party were camped on slightly higher ground. The water level didn't reach their tents. Their tents, both major brands, were completely wet with water standing inside the tents from the rain leaking through the rain fly. They had been up most of the night soaking wet. I won't mention one was a Kelty, the other a Mountain Hardware. Was very happy with the performance of the my Eureka Spitfire ll.

What size of camping tent should I choose?




Adela


I am planning a camping trip with two friends. We need to buy a camping tent but I don't know what size of the tent is suitable for three people. I did a little search online and someone said should choose a tent which can accommodate two more person because there must be some space for the camping equipment. Is this true? Is a five man tent a little larger for three?


Answer
A five man tent is just fine. I do a lot of camping and I use a 2-3 person tent for just me, and a 4 person tent when I take the wife and kid along.

Unless your back country camping you can't go wrong with getting a bigger roomier tent.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment