Are there any great campgrounds near Chicago IL for tent camping?




OOO! I kno


Amenities such as a pool would be a bonus.


Answer
If you want an uncrowded and unspoilt place try Illinois Beach State Park. It's beautiful.

Where can i rent camping gear near Chicago, IL?




no nicknam


I'm finally taking my family on our first camping trip. But I'm on a tight budget and can't afford new camping gear or used for that matter. I looked it up on craigslist and it's still too expensive for me. Is there any place that can rent me the equipment for the weekend?


Answer
I'm not sure exactly what kind of "gear" you need, but try calling REI (Recreation Equipment,inc.)
REI Lincoln Park Store
(312) 951-6020
1466 N Halsted St, Chicago, IL 60642
I'm pretty sure they rent pup tents, sleeping bags, backpacks, camp stoves, etc. and they have other Chicagoland locations:
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Northbrook, IL
Schaumburg, IL

_________
and it looks like they are having a free "Camping Basics" event this week (06-04-2012 at the Northbrook location and 06-06-2012 in Schaumburg)
http://www.rei.com/event/39858/session/50453




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment