I have a tent, but no instructions.?




Luo


I was about to change my camping equipement especially my tents, I want to buy a tent for each of my 2 sons who are 14 and 16 and I was wondering what kind of tent should I get for them.
I saw these video of pop up camping tents but im not sure about them.

What do you all think about those?



Answer
If you are talking about the pop up tents (about $50) that fold flat like a gignatic frisbee, I have one. A lightweight tent - Good for weekends only.

It took some practice to get the hang of how to get it back in the bag (no joke).
They are good for someone who is biking and wants to carry a light tent. They would also work out for car camping on a weekend if you can hide in your car in case of really, really bad weather.

I actually set mine up inside a large family tent (tent in a tent) to stay warm when overnight temps dropped below freezing. It worked, but then the zippers on the family size tent starting failing and I upgraded my big tent and have not used the small tent since. So I can't comment on how well they hold up in normal use.

would like to hear pro and cons of camping tents, dome vs. pop-ups tents not travel trailer.?




jim69greap


up tents, not travel trailer.


Answer
I have used all kinds of tents in my lifetime, dome tents have the quickest set up, but they do not do well in the wind. I have owned a pop up trailer, its a tent on wheels, you get the benefit of a sink, a/c, table, etc... but it is still canvas and you face the same issues with the elements like wet canvas, heat during the summer, the a/c wont do much in temps above 90. What you go with kinda depends on how often you go, we go once a month at least, we took the plunge and upgraded. As far as tents go, I liked the dome we had, I had to put extra tie downs on it when the wind was gonna be up, set up is easy on a dome and they are lightweigt and easy to carry. If you are considering pop up, check it very thouroughly, maybe even ask to try it out for a weekend.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment