Camping in Newport News, VA Area?




Brittany C


I have a friend who is a complete novice at camping, but her boyfriend wants to take her on a two week hike this summer, so it's up to me to get her prepared for the ordeal. I'm a seasoned outdoors girl myself, but I'm not very familiar with camping in the Newport News area, and all the sites that I've found for "car camping" are too close to the roads for my liking. Since she's a city girl I think the isolation is what will bother her most. We're about 3 hours from the Southern most point of Shenandoah National Park but she doesn't feel like sitting out the drive.

Any suggestions for nice beginner sites that aren't right along highways? Thanks in advance!



Answer
camp in a tent, and when you get bored, jack off

Small campgrounds for tent camping in MD, DE, VA, WV, or PA?




Lepke


Does anyone know of any small campgrounds (I realize that "small" is relative) in the abovementioned states. We had a great time at Burton Island in Vermont, and would love to find a small campground (either state park or national park or private) that's not too crowded and the tent sites are relatively private. I am looking for personal experience, since I know about the websites and books that rate campgrounds. Thanks for the help.


Answer
Try Elk Neck State Park in Cecil County Maryland. I was raised about 10 miles away and it is an excellent small site, for camping, fishing, hiking, whatever. Wonderful!! I know youll love it!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment